- This historic city at the crossroads of the Silk Road is famous for its Sunday animal market.
- The Capital of Sichuan Province is home to the Panda Reserve and Grand Buddha
- Dates back to 1000BC and hosts the outstanding Terracotta Worriors.
- The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, Olympic Games and much more.
- The City of the old and the new earns its title as "Paris of the East" and is the top Shopping Centre too.
- Stunning limestone formations along the banks of the wonderous Li River.
- A captivating blend of Eastern and Western cultures, the perfect add-on to any tour.
The charming city of Suzhou, also known as the ‘Venice of the East’, is a cultural and historical city in east China’s Jiangsu province. Noted for its elegant gardens, Suzhou’s garden art reached its peak during the Ming and Qing dynasties. The prosperous city and surrounds boast a number of well preserved, exquisite private gardens, widely acknowledged to be the masterpieces of the genre.
Visit the ancient Humble Administrator’s Garden and the Garden of the Master of the Nets, which illustrate classical Chinese garden design. These gardens reflect the profound metaphysical importance of natural beauty in Chinese culture in the way art, nature and ideas are integrated perfectly and harmoniously.
The classical Chinese garden is a place for contemplation of nature and its design aims to provide a spiritual utopia to connect with nature and an ancient way of life. As such, the gardens were a place to escape from the frustrations of daily life and the main features included rocks, water, trees and plants, which had traditional, symbolic values. Pine trees, representing wisdom, and bamboo, representing strength and morality, were popular features.
China Group tours that include Chinese Gardens
Luxury China tours that include Chinese Gardens
Private China tours that include Chinese Gardens
Independent tours and extensions to China
- UK - Beijing (4N) - Xian (2n) - Yangtze River Cruise (4N) - Chengdu (2N) - Guilin (1N) - Yangshuo (2N) - UK
- Take an in-depth look at the best of China on one of our most popular tours. all the famous sights are covered along with some special treats. Gaze in wonder at the Grand Buddha in Leshan, visit the traditional gardens of Suzhou and admire the magnificent Giant Pandas in Chengdu.
- 21 days - from £2990
- UK - Shanghai (3N) - Suzhou (1N) - Hangzhou (2N) - Guilin (1N) - Yangshuo (2N) - Kunming (2N) - Chongqing (1N) - Dazu (1N) - Chengdu (2N) - Xian (2N) - Overnight Train (1N) - Beijing (3N) - UK
- Our best value tour to China explores the famous sights of this fascinating land as well as many of its hidden treasures. See historic cities, fabulous landscapes and the famous Giant Panda Conservation Centre in Chengdu. Also discover the ancient Buddhist sites at Leshan and Dazu as well as the ...
- 23 days - from £2890
- UK - Shanghai (1N) - Suzhou (1N) - Hangzhou (2N) - Guilin (1N) - Yangshuo (2N) - Changdu (2N) - Xian (2N) - Overnight Train (1N) Beijing (3N) - UK
- China Delights is a great value tour that focuses on amazing scenery and historic sites from Guilin to the Great Wall. Discover hidden gems that are less often visited such as the traditional gardens of Suzhou, the beautiful West lake in Hangzhou, theremarkable Grand Buddha in Leshan and ...
- 19 days - from £2490
- UK - Chengdu (3N) - Emeishan (1N) -Nine Villages Valley (2N) - Songpan (1N) - Kunming (3N) - Lijang (3N) - UK
- An exclusive trip of a lifetime to follow in the footsteps of the original plant hunters.
- 15 days - from £4990
Grand Tour of China
- UK - Beijing - Overnight Train (1N) - Xian (2N) - Yangtze River Cruise (4N) - Chengdu (1N) Dali (2N) - Kunming (2N) - Guilin (1N) - Yangshuo (2N) - Hangzhou (2N) - Suzhou (2N) - Shanghai (2N) - UK
- To get the most from your visit to China, look no further than the Grand Tour. This comprehensive itinerary includes all the main sights as well as time for relaxation. Visit the Great Wall and Terracotta Warriors; enjoy a four ...
- 26 days - from £3490
The Best of China
- Discover China in luxury on this express tour of CHina's most famous sights
- Palaces, pandas and tea plantations are just some of the impressive highlights of this deluxe adventure. Relax in five-star hotels and savour one-of-a-kind experiences as you travel from Beijing through Xian to visit Chengdus resident bears.
- 10 days - from £3490
Legends of China
- Explore China's natural beauty in this stylish tour through the heartland
- Discover the best of Chinas many wonders on this lavish cross-country adventure. Experience natural grandeur and imperial treasures, witness man-made marvels and ultra-modern miracles, as you wend your way from Beijing to Shanghai in style
- 16 days - from £4490
Shanghai Private One-day Tour
- Shanghai: China's Urban Centre
- DIscover Shanghais delights with this whirlwind tour of the metropolis. Visit the Yu Gardens, admire the Bund and marvel at the architectural style of Xintiandi.
- 1 days - from £80
Classical China with Shangri-La
- Tour China's most iconic cities and sights, staying in the luxurious Shangri-La throughout
- Travel along Chinas Golden Triangle on this comprehensive 9 day tour. Start in Shanghai, the urban giant of China with towering skyscrapers and gorgeous colonial architecture; next to Xian, Chinas ancient capital and home to the enigmatic Terracotta Warriors; and ending in Beijing, the political ...
- 9 days - from £2290
News & features
Complete your Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire here!