- This historic city at the crossroads of the Silk Road is famous for its Sunday animal market.
- The Capital of Sichuan Province is home to the Panda Reserve and Grand Buddha
- Dates back to 1000BC and hosts the outstanding Terracotta Worriors.
- The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, Olympic Games and much more.
- The City of the old and the new earns its title as "Paris of the East" and is the top Shopping Centre too.
- Stunning limestone formations along the banks of the wonderous Li River.
- A captivating blend of Eastern and Western cultures, the perfect add-on to any tour.
The charming city of Suzhou, also known as the ‘Venice of the East’, is a cultural and historical city in east China’s Jiangsu province. Noted for its elegant gardens, Suzhou’s garden art reached its peak during the Ming and Qing dynasties. The prosperous city and surrounds boast a number of well preserved, exquisite private gardens, widely acknowledged to be the masterpieces of the genre.
Visit the ancient Humble Administrator’s Garden and the Garden of the Master of the Nets, which illustrate classical Chinese garden design. These gardens reflect the profound metaphysical importance of natural beauty in Chinese culture in the way art, nature and ideas are integrated perfectly and harmoniously.
The classical Chinese garden is a place for contemplation of nature and its design aims to provide a spiritual utopia to connect with nature and an ancient way of life. As such, the gardens were a place to escape from the frustrations of daily life and the main features included rocks, water, trees and plants, which had traditional, symbolic values. Pine trees, representing wisdom, and bamboo, representing strength and morality, were popular features.
- Eight Ancient Cities on our Best Value Tour
- Our best value tour to China explores the famous sights of this fascinating land as well as many of its hidden treasures. See historic cities, fabulous landscapes and the famous panda reserve in Chengdu. Also discover the ancient Buddhist sites at L ...
- 27 days from £1990
Grand Tour of China
- A Tour That Sees Everything
- To get the most from one visit to China, look no further than the Grand Tour. This comprehensive itinerary includes all the main sights as well as allowing some time for relaxation. After the Wall and the Warriors, enjoy a four night cruise on the Y ...
- 27 days from £2490
- Famous Sights & Hidden Gems
- Take an in-depth look at the best of China on one of our most popular tours. All the famous sights are covered along with some special treats. Gaze in awe at the Grand Buddha in Leshan, visit the traditional gardens of Suzhou and admire the magnific ...
- 21 days from £2590
- Our best value three-week tour
- New for 2010, China Delights is a great value tour that focuses on amazing scenery and historic sights from Guilin to the Great Wall. Discover gems that are less often visited such as the traditional gardens of Suzhou, beautiful West Lake in Hangzho ...
- 20 days from £1890
News & features
Complete your Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire here!