- This historic city at the crossroads of the Silk Road is famous for its Sunday animal market.
- The Capital of Sichuan Province is home to the Panda Reserve and Grand Buddha
- Dates back to 1000BC and hosts the outstanding Terracotta Worriors.
- The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, Olympic Games and much more.
- The City of the old and the new earns its title as "Paris of the East" and is the top Shopping Centre too.
- Stunning limestone formations along the banks of the wonderous Li River.
- A captivating blend of Eastern and Western cultures, the perfect add-on to any tour.
Shanghai, the largest city in China, has fully embraced technology and modernity. The city exudes a cosmopolitan character, marked by contemporary urban living, futuristic skyscrapers, and a bustling financial district. Shanghai has become a hotspot of modern China, and is known as a progressive, enterprising city. Benefiting from economic reforms Deng Xiao Peng initiated in 1979, Shanghai’s resurgence in economic prosperity can be witnessed from the rapid developments in the Pudong New Area. Pudong is home to the city’s newest international airport, high-rise buildings and a vibrant urban area.
Shanghai hosted the World Expo in 2010. The Expo helped to further drive the city’s incredible growth and progress, drawing over 70 million visitors and tourists.
The famous Bund stretches for one mile along the bank of the Huangpu River in Shanghai and faces across to the modern Pudong district on the other side. Stroll along the colonial waterfront, where European architecture dominates. Once a small fishing village in the 1800s, Shanghai transformed into the most glamorous and cultured city in China in the 1930s and became known as the ‘Paris of the East’. The once sleepy village was transformed into a city of foreign influences as western powers such as Britain, France and the US took up autonomous concession zones in Shanghai. It soon became a significant industrial centre and trading port in China. Enjoy a cruise on the panoramic Huangpu (Hwarng-Poo) River and admire the stunning view of old and new Shanghai.
- Eight Ancient Cities on our Best Value Tour
- Our best value tour to China explores the famous sights of this fascinating land as well as many of its hidden treasures. See historic cities, fabulous landscapes and the famous panda reserve in Chengdu. Also discover the ancient Buddhist sites at L ...
- 27 days from £1990
Grand Tour of China
- A Tour That Sees Everything
- To get the most from one visit to China, look no further than the Grand Tour. This comprehensive itinerary includes all the main sights as well as allowing some time for relaxation. After the Wall and the Warriors, enjoy a four night cruise on the Y ...
- 27 days from £2490
- Famous Sights & Hidden Gems
- Take an in-depth look at the best of China on one of our most popular tours. All the famous sights are covered along with some special treats. Gaze in awe at the Grand Buddha in Leshan, visit the traditional gardens of Suzhou and admire the magnific ...
- 21 days from £2590
Wonders of China
- The Most Famous Sights
- Visit all the famous sights of China in just over two weeks. Experience the variety of wonders that China has to offer from the history of the Great Wall and the Terracotta Warriors to modern and cosmopolitan Shanghai. Take in the beauty of Guilin a ...
- 16 days from £2090
- Our best value three-week tour
- New for 2010, China Delights is a great value tour that focuses on amazing scenery and historic sights from Guilin to the Great Wall. Discover gems that are less often visited such as the traditional gardens of Suzhou, beautiful West Lake in Hangzho ...
- 20 days from £1890
- China's Finest Scenery & Sights
- This tour combines many of the great sights of China with a Yangtze River Cruise and picturesque Yunnan Province. Discover the bizarrely eroded limestone pinnacles of the Stone Forest, stroll through the beautiful Old Town of Lijiang and gaze in awe ...
- 22 days from £2590
- Cruise, Pandas & Historical Sights
- The highlight of this two week tour is a four night cruise on the Yangtze River. Sail through the Three Gorges where the vertical cliffs rise dramatically from the water. Add to this a visit to the famous panda reserve in Chengdu and it’s easy ...
- 14 days from £1990
Glories of China
- Spectacular Sights & Scenery
- The striking landscape along the Li River is the defining highlight of this popular itinerary. Stay overnight in the small town of Yangshuo surrounded by rice fields and limestone hills. Add the history of Beijing and Xian along with cosmopolitan Sh ...
- 14 days from £1590
A China Experience
- A Brief Tour of the Best of China
- This classic itinerary visits the three most famous cities of China: Shanghai, Xian and Beijing. Included are the must-see sights of the Terracotta Warriors, the Forbidden City and the Great Wall and for contrast we also visit the historic canal tow ...
- 10 days from £1490
Grand Yangtze Cruise
- Cruise the Yangtze in Style
- Cruise the Yangtze in style aboard the five-star Victoria Prince. On the way explore the former imperial capital of Nanjing and beautiful Mt Huang before cruising through the dramatic Three Gorges. There’s also plenty of time to relax and admi ...
- 19 days from £2590
- Discover China's Dynasties
- Trace three thousand years of magnificent history. Visit four ancient imperial capitals as well as the wonderfully preserved UNESCO listed town of Pingyao. Discover the roots of Chinese Buddhism at Wutaishan, the Longmen Grottoes and also Shaolin, w ...
- 18 days from £1990
- China's Treasures & Natural Wonders
- Discover the spectacular beauty of Nine Villages Valley. Rarely seen by western visitors, this delightful scenery is one of China’s real treasures. Combined with the most popular sights of Beijing, Xian and Shanghai this tour really provides t ...
- 14 days from £2390
China in Focus
- A Photographer's Delight
- This tour of a lifetime provides some of the most diverse photographic opportunities to be found in one single country. Renowned photographers Sue Bishop and John Humphrey accompany us on tour and will be on hand to offer useful advice on getting th ...
- 17 days from £2590
John Craven - China Revisited
- Experience the wonders of China in the company of John Craven.
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the wonders of China in the company of John Craven. John filmed in China 25 years ago, so this is a unique chance to join him on his re-visit and find out about the changes he witnesses over this period.
- 17 days from £2790
Treasures of Vietnam & China
- Explore Vietnam and China in one trip
- Explore two of Asia’s most fascinating countries on one comprehensive tour. Enjoy the delightful scenery of Halong Bay and Guilin, mixed with the history of Hoi An, Xian and Beijing. This itinerary is rich in the beauty and culture of the Orie ...
- 27 days from £3690
Dreams of Nature
- A Photographer's Dream
- Discover the most beautiful sights of China on a tour dedicated to nature. From the swirling mists of Mt Huang and the dramatic pinnacles of Zhangjiajie to the impressive Huangguoshu Falls and the spectacular Li River. Complete your tour with a visi ...
- 25 days from £2990
News & features
Complete your Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire here!