- This historic city at the crossroads of the Silk Road is famous for its Sunday animal market.
- The Capital of Sichuan Province is home to the Panda Reserve and Grand Buddha
- Dates back to 1000BC and hosts the outstanding Terracotta Worriors.
- The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, Olympic Games and much more.
- The City of the old and the new earns its title as "Paris of the East" and is the top Shopping Centre too.
- Stunning limestone formations along the banks of the wonderous Li River.
- A captivating blend of Eastern and Western cultures, the perfect add-on to any tour.
The remarkable Grand Buddha in Leshan (Le-Sharn) was built during the Tang Dynasty (618-907). It is carved out of a cliff face that lies at the confluence of the Minjiang, Dadu and Qingyi rivers in the south of Sichuan Province. The stone sculpture faces in the direction of the holy Mount Emei (Er-May) with the rivers flowing beneath his feet.
Construction was started in 713 AD by a monk named Haitong in the hope that the Buddha would calm the turbulent waters - in fact so much stone was deposited into the river that it did soothe the water. The Buddha is 71m high, his shoulders 28m wide and a person can sit on his smallest toenail.
- Eight Ancient Cities on our Best Value Tour
- Our best value tour to China explores the famous sights of this fascinating land as well as many of its hidden treasures. See historic cities, fabulous landscapes and the famous panda reserve in Chengdu. Also discover the ancient Buddhist sites at L ...
- 27 days from £1990
- Famous Sights & Hidden Gems
- Take an in-depth look at the best of China on one of our most popular tours. All the famous sights are covered along with some special treats. Gaze in awe at the Grand Buddha in Leshan, visit the traditional gardens of Suzhou and admire the magnific ...
- 21 days from £2590
- Our best value three-week tour
- New for 2010, China Delights is a great value tour that focuses on amazing scenery and historic sights from Guilin to the Great Wall. Discover gems that are less often visited such as the traditional gardens of Suzhou, beautiful West Lake in Hangzho ...
- 20 days from £1890
- China's Treasures & Natural Wonders
- Discover the spectacular beauty of Nine Villages Valley. Rarely seen by western visitors, this delightful scenery is one of China’s real treasures. Combined with the most popular sights of Beijing, Xian and Shanghai this tour really provides t ...
- 14 days from £2390
Land of the Panda
- Mountains, Lakes & Pandas
- Sichuan Province is the natural habitat of the Giant Panda and we observe these magnificent creatures at the famous reserve in Chengdu. This area has so much to offer from holy Mt Emei to Buddhist Dazu and the beauty of Nine Villages Valley. This is ...
- 14 days from £1990
News & features
Call on 0844 288 5396 or for general tour enquiries click here
Complete your Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire here!