- This historic city at the crossroads of the Silk Road is famous for its Sunday animal market.
- The Capital of Sichuan Province is home to the Panda Reserve and Grand Buddha
- Dates back to 1000BC and hosts the outstanding Terracotta Worriors.
- The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, Olympic Games and much more.
- The City of the old and the new earns its title as "Paris of the East" and is the top Shopping Centre too.
- Stunning limestone formations along the banks of the wonderous Li River.
- A captivating blend of Eastern and Western cultures, the perfect add-on to any tour.
Kashgar is an ancient market town on the Silk Road, which embraces a diverse mix of people and cultures. Caravans of camels sometimes stretching for miles, carried silk or spices, silver and gold between East and West. Today, the famous Sunday Market is a sight to behold and has a truly central Asian atmosphere.
Whilst in Kashgar, visit the Abakh Hoja Tomb and Id Kah Mosque. The resting place of Abakh Hoja, one of Kashgar’s more popular rulers, is covered in splendidly mismatched glazed tile. Built around 1640 and completely restored in 1807, the monumental tomb contains 72 members of the Abakh Hoja family. Id Kah Mosque, the largest mosque in China, dominates the central square in Kashgar. The mosque was built around 1442 as a small structure, but several renovations and enlargements have contributed to today’s scale, which can house nearly 10,000 worshippers.
China Group tours that include Kashgar Market
Luxury China tours that include Kashgar Market
Private China tours that include Kashgar Market
Independent tours and extensions to China
Silk Road Explorer
- UK - Xian - Overnight Train (1N) - Lanzhou (2N) - Xiahe (2N) - Overnight Train (1N) - Jiayuguan (1N) - Dunhuang (2N) - Overnight Train (1N) - Turpan (2N) - Overnight Train (1N) - Kashgar (1N) - Urumqi (2N) - Beijing (3N) - UK
- Follow in the footsteps of Marco Polo to discover the history of the Silk Road, a centuries-old route strongly influenced by Muslim and Buddhist beliefs. Visit ancient forts and desert oases, walk on the far western end of the Great Wall and experience the famous Sunday Market in Kashgar....
- 26 days - from £3490
News & features
Complete your Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire here!