- This historic city at the crossroads of the Silk Road is famous for its Sunday animal market.
- The Capital of Sichuan Province is home to the Panda Reserve and Grand Buddha
- Dates back to 1000BC and hosts the outstanding Terracotta Worriors.
- The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, Olympic Games and much more.
- The City of the old and the new earns its title as "Paris of the East" and is the top Shopping Centre too.
- Stunning limestone formations along the banks of the wonderous Li River.
- A captivating blend of Eastern and Western cultures, the perfect add-on to any tour.
Kung Fu Monks
The Shaolin Temple, founded in the 5th century, is located in the Songshan Mountains. This temple is an important Buddhist shrine as well as the ancient centre of Chinese Kung Fu. It is said that the temple was built by Emperor Xiaowen of the Northern Wei Dynasty for the purpose of accommodating Buddha. Afterwards, Bodhidhama, the founder of the Chan Sect in China, came to Songshan Mountain. He widely recruited disciples, and carried forward Buddhist doctrines and since then, the status of Shaolin Temple as the Chan Sects birthplace has been established.
Witness an impressive Kung Fu demonstration by the famous Shaolin Monks. Shaolin Kung Fu obtained its great reputation during the Sui and Tang dynasties (581-907). In the Song Dynasty (960-1279), the temple became a unique school of Wushu (martial arts) and went on to become an outstanding school of Kung Fu.
Fully inclusive group tours to China
Exclusive collection to China
Private tours to China
Independent tours and extensions to China
- UK - Beijing (4N) - Datong (1N) - Wutaishan (1N) - Taiyuan (1N) - Pingyao (1N) - Xian (3N) - Luoyang (1N) Zhengzhou (1N) - Shanghai (3N) - UK
- Combine Beijing and Shanghai with a visit to four ancient imperial capitals as well as the wonderfully preserved UNESCO listed town of Pingyao. Discover the roots of Chinese Buddhism at Wutaishan, the Longmen Grottoes in Luoyang and the Hanging monastery in Datong. We also witness a Kung Fu demon...
- 18 days - from £2690
News & features
Complete your Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire here!