- This historic city at the crossroads of the Silk Road is famous for its Sunday animal market.
- The Capital of Sichuan Province is home to the Panda Reserve and Grand Buddha
- Dates back to 1000BC and hosts the outstanding Terracotta Worriors.
- The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, Olympic Games and much more.
- The City of the old and the new earns its title as "Paris of the East" and is the top Shopping Centre too.
- Stunning limestone formations along the banks of the wonderous Li River.
- A captivating blend of Eastern and Western cultures, the perfect add-on to any tour.
The Potala Palace, located on the Red Hill in Lhasa (Lar-Sa), is the ‘crown jewel’ of Tibet. It was the chief residence of the Dalai Lama until 1959.
Today the Potala Palace is a state museum of China. It is a popular tourist attraction, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and was named as one of the “New Seven Wonders of the World”. It is the highest palace in the world, and its 117 metre high 13-storey main building consists of Red and White Palaces, with the Red Palace located in middle. The Potala Palace preserves a large number of precious cultural relics, such as the Bkar-vgyur (Buddha Teachings) on Pattra from India, and the Imperial edicts and golden seals of the Qing Emperors.
- An Amazing Adventure to Tibet
- A tough but rewarding journey for those with a spirit of adventure. Starting in picturesque Yunnan Province we ascend to Tibet using four-wheel drive vehicles. Traversing forested mountains and deep gorges we arrive at the Roof of the World. Conditi ...
- 24 days from £3190
- A Truly 'High Adventure' Tour
- This is a true high-altitude adventure that is not for the faint-hearted. Travel overland in four-wheel drive vehicles across starkly beautiful but inhospitable terrain. Stay in basic accommodation with primitive facilities. But most of all enjoy th ...
- 29 days from £4190
- Ride Across the Roof of the World
- Explore the mystical land of Tibet to discover fabulous palaces, holy monasteries and sacred temples. The highlight of this visit to the Roof of the World is the rail journey across the stark and dramatic Qinghai Plateau. We complete our tour with t ...
- 20 days from £2790
News & features
Complete your Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire here!