- This historic city at the crossroads of the Silk Road is famous for its Sunday animal market.
- The Capital of Sichuan Province is home to the Panda Reserve and Grand Buddha
- Dates back to 1000BC and hosts the outstanding Terracotta Worriors.
- The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, Olympic Games and much more.
- The City of the old and the new earns its title as "Paris of the East" and is the top Shopping Centre too.
- Stunning limestone formations along the banks of the wonderous Li River.
- A captivating blend of Eastern and Western cultures, the perfect add-on to any tour.
The Potala Palace, located on the Red Hill in Lhasa (Lar-Sa), is the ‘crown jewel’ of Tibet. It was the chief residence of the Dalai Lama until 1959.
Today the Potala Palace is a state museum of China. It is a popular tourist attraction, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and was named as one of the “New Seven Wonders of the World”. It is the highest palace in the world, and its 117 metre high 13-storey main building consists of Red and White Palaces, with the Red Palace located in middle. The Potala Palace preserves a large number of precious cultural relics, such as the Bkar-vgyur (Buddha Teachings) on Pattra from India, and the Imperial edicts and golden seals of the Qing Emperors.
China Group tours that include Potala Palace
Luxury China tours that include Potala Palace
Private China tours that include Potala Palace
Independent tours and extensions to China
- UK - Kunming (2N) - Dali (2N) - Lijiang (2N) - Zhongdian (3N) - Tsedang (1N) - Shigatse (2N) -Old Tingri (1N) - Mt Everest (1N) - New Tingiri (1N) - Lhasa (4N) - Chengdu (1N) - UK
- Explore the beginnings of Yunnans Tea Horse road, travelling through Tibet, the roof of the World, to the legendary Mount Everest.This tour spends 16 days above 3,000m with a maximum altitude of 5,150m.
- 23 days - from £3990
- UK - Chengdu (2N) - Lhasa (3N) - Shigatse (1N) - New Tingri (2N) - Zhangmu (1N) - Bhaktapur (2N) - Pokhara (2N) - Chitwan (2N) - Daman (1N) - Kathmandu (3N) -UK
- This is an exciting tour to bring out the adventurer in you. The tour begins in Sichuan Province visiting Chengdu and Leshan, before exploring the magical temples in the mystical land of Tibet. Then journey to the spectacular Mt Everest Base Camp before arriving in the fertile lands of Nepal to e...
- 20 days - from £3690
China & Tibet Discovery
- UK - Beijing (3N) - Xian (2N) - Lhasa (3N) - Chengdu (1N) - Yangtze River Cruise (3N) - Shanghai (2N) - UK
- See the most famous sights of China: The Great Wall, Terracotta Warriors and Giant Pandas. explore the mystical land of Tibet to discover fabulous palaces, holy monasteries and sacred temples. Complete your tour with a relaxing cruise on theYangtze River.This tour reaches a ...
- 16 days - from £3590
News & features
Complete your Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire here!