- This historic city at the crossroads of the Silk Road is famous for its Sunday animal market.
- The Capital of Sichuan Province is home to the Panda Reserve and Grand Buddha
- Dates back to 1000BC and hosts the outstanding Terracotta Worriors.
- The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, Olympic Games and much more.
- The City of the old and the new earns its title as "Paris of the East" and is the top Shopping Centre too.
- Stunning limestone formations along the banks of the wonderous Li River.
- A captivating blend of Eastern and Western cultures, the perfect add-on to any tour.
Constructed in the Jin Dynasty (1115 – 1234), the Summer Palace in Beijing is a harmonious ensemble of palaces, temples, gardens and other classical style features. It was extended continuously and by the Qing Dynasty (1644 – 1911), it had become a luxurious royal garden providing royal families with rest and entertainment. After its destruction by fire, in 1888 the Empress ordered its reconstruction and changed its name to Summer Palace.
An archetypal Chinese garden, the Summer Palace is ranked amongst the most noted and classical gardens of the world. The complex contains magnificent constructions, examples of the ancient arts and graceful landscapes. It is mainly dominated by Longevity Hill and Kunming Lake, which was created to imitate scenic West Lake in Hangzhou. Guided by nature, artists designed the gardens exquisitely so that visitors would enjoy marvellous views and be impressed by perfect examples of skilled craftwork using the finest materials.
In 1998, it was listed a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Today, it is a popular tourist destination as well as a recreational park.
- Eight Ancient Cities on our Best Value Tour
- Our best value tour to China explores the famous sights of this fascinating land as well as many of its hidden treasures. See historic cities, fabulous landscapes and the famous panda reserve in Chengdu. Also discover the ancient Buddhist sites at L ...
- 27 days from £1990
Yangtze River Panorama
- Spectacular Scenery
- Admire some of the most spectacular scenery that China has to offer. Enjoy a four night cruise along the Yangtze River that passes through the dramatic Three Gorges and explore the beauty of Yunnan Province. Visit attractive Lijiang, discover the Ti ...
- 28 days from £2390
Grand Tour of China
- A Tour That Sees Everything
- To get the most from one visit to China, look no further than the Grand Tour. This comprehensive itinerary includes all the main sights as well as allowing some time for relaxation. After the Wall and the Warriors, enjoy a four night cruise on the Y ...
- 27 days from £2490
- China's Finest Scenery & Sights
- This tour combines many of the great sights of China with a Yangtze River Cruise and picturesque Yunnan Province. Discover the bizarrely eroded limestone pinnacles of the Stone Forest, stroll through the beautiful Old Town of Lijiang and gaze in awe ...
- 22 days from £2590
- Famous Sights & Hidden Gems
- Take an in-depth look at the best of China on one of our most popular tours. All the famous sights are covered along with some special treats. Gaze in awe at the Grand Buddha in Leshan, visit the traditional gardens of Suzhou and admire the magnific ...
- 21 days from £2590
Wonders of China
- The Most Famous Sights
- Visit all the famous sights of China in just over two weeks. Experience the variety of wonders that China has to offer from the history of the Great Wall and the Terracotta Warriors to modern and cosmopolitan Shanghai. Take in the beauty of Guilin a ...
- 16 days from £2090
- Our best value three-week tour
- New for 2010, China Delights is a great value tour that focuses on amazing scenery and historic sights from Guilin to the Great Wall. Discover gems that are less often visited such as the traditional gardens of Suzhou, beautiful West Lake in Hangzho ...
- 20 days from £1890
- Discover China's Dynasties
- Trace three thousand years of magnificent history. Visit four ancient imperial capitals as well as the wonderfully preserved UNESCO listed town of Pingyao. Discover the roots of Chinese Buddhism at Wutaishan, the Longmen Grottoes and also Shaolin, w ...
- 18 days from £1990
Glories of China
- Spectacular Sights & Scenery
- The striking landscape along the Li River is the defining highlight of this popular itinerary. Stay overnight in the small town of Yangshuo surrounded by rice fields and limestone hills. Add the history of Beijing and Xian along with cosmopolitan Sh ...
- 14 days from £1590
- Cruise, Pandas & Historical Sights
- The highlight of this two week tour is a four night cruise on the Yangtze River. Sail through the Three Gorges where the vertical cliffs rise dramatically from the water. Add to this a visit to the famous panda reserve in Chengdu and it’s easy ...
- 14 days from £1990
A China Experience
- A Brief Tour of the Best of China
- This classic itinerary visits the three most famous cities of China: Shanghai, Xian and Beijing. Included are the must-see sights of the Terracotta Warriors, the Forbidden City and the Great Wall and for contrast we also visit the historic canal tow ...
- 10 days from £1490
Silk Road Explorer
- In Marco Polo's Footsteps
- Follow in the footsteps of Marco Polo to discover the history of the Silk Road, a centuries-old route strongly influenced by Muslim and Buddhist beliefs. Visit ancient forts and desert oases, walk on the far western end of the Great Wall and experie ...
- 27 days from £2990
- China's Treasures & Natural Wonders
- Discover the spectacular beauty of Nine Villages Valley. Rarely seen by western visitors, this delightful scenery is one of China’s real treasures. Combined with the most popular sights of Beijing, Xian and Shanghai this tour really provides t ...
- 14 days from £2390
- Ride Across the Roof of the World
- Explore the mystical land of Tibet to discover fabulous palaces, holy monasteries and sacred temples. The highlight of this visit to the Roof of the World is the rail journey across the stark and dramatic Qinghai Plateau. We complete our tour with t ...
- 20 days from £2790
Grand Yangtze Cruise
- Cruise the Yangtze in Style
- Cruise the Yangtze in style aboard the five-star Victoria Prince. On the way explore the former imperial capital of Nanjing and beautiful Mt Huang before cruising through the dramatic Three Gorges. There’s also plenty of time to relax and admi ...
- 19 days from £2590
News & features
Call on 0844 288 5396 or for general tour enquiries click here
Complete your Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire here!