- This historic city at the crossroads of the Silk Road is famous for its Sunday animal market.
- The Capital of Sichuan Province is home to the Panda Reserve and Grand Buddha
- Dates back to 1000BC and hosts the outstanding Terracotta Worriors.
- The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, Olympic Games and much more.
- The City of the old and the new earns its title as "Paris of the East" and is the top Shopping Centre too.
- Stunning limestone formations along the banks of the wonderous Li River.
- A captivating blend of Eastern and Western cultures, the perfect add-on to any tour.
The Three Pagodas, near the ancient city of Dali, are a collection of independent pagodas arranged on the corners of an equilateral triangle. They occupy a scenic location at the foot of the majestic Cangshan Mountains, facing Erhai Lake and are a symbol of the history of Dali and a testament to the development of Buddhism in the area.
In the time of the Dali Kingdom, Chongshengsi was the royal temple and one of the largest Buddhist monasteries in the area and the Three Pagodas were only a part of it. The monastery was destroyed by a fire during the Qing dynasty and today only the Three Pagodas remain.
Many sculptures of Buddha made of gold, silver, wood or crystal, Buddhist readings, and more than 600 various medicinal ingredients were found in Qianxun Pagoda, the oldest of the Three Pagodas.
China Group tours that include Three Pagodas
Luxury China tours that include Three Pagodas
Private China tours that include Three Pagodas
Independent tours and extensions to China
Grand Tour of China
- UK - Beijing - Overnight Train (1N) - Xian (2N) - Yangtze River Cruise (4N) - Chengdu (1N) Dali (2N) - Kunming (2N) - Guilin (1N) - Yangshuo (2N) - Hangzhou (2N) - Suzhou (2N) - Shanghai (2N) - UK
- To get the most from your visit to China, look no further than the Grand Tour. This comprehensive itinerary includes all the main sights as well as time for relaxation. Visit the Great Wall and Terracotta Warriors; enjoy a four ...
- 26 days - from £3490
- UK - Kunming (3N) - Stone Forest (1N) - Yuanyang (2N) - Jianshui (1N) - Dali (2N) - Lijiang (2N) - Zhongdian (3N) - Kunming - UK
- Explore the UNESCO listed Stone forest, Tiger Leaping Gorge and the Jade Dragon Snow mountain. Visit the ancient markets of Dali and ethnic groups that maintain ways of life centuries old; and the perfectly manicured, mirror-like steps of the Yuanyang Rice Terraces.This tour reaches a ...
- 17 days - from £2890
- UK - Kunming (3N) - Dali (1N) - Lijiang (2N) - Zhongdian (3N) - Kunming - UK
- Our Private Tour of Yunnan unearths China’s most beautiful province. Visit the traditional towns of Dali, Lijiang and Tibetan Zhongdian. Discover the Stone forest, Jade Dragon Snow mountain & Tiger Leaping Gorge.
- 12 days - from £3190
News & features
Complete your Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire here!