- This historic city at the crossroads of the Silk Road is famous for its Sunday animal market.
- The Capital of Sichuan Province is home to the Panda Reserve and Grand Buddha
- Dates back to 1000BC and hosts the outstanding Terracotta Worriors.
- The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, Olympic Games and much more.
- The City of the old and the new earns its title as "Paris of the East" and is the top Shopping Centre too.
- Stunning limestone formations along the banks of the wonderous Li River.
- A captivating blend of Eastern and Western cultures, the perfect add-on to any tour.
The Three Pagodas, near the ancient city of Dali, are a collection of independent pagodas arranged on the corners of an equilateral triangle. They occupy a scenic location at the foot of the majestic Cangshan Mountains, facing Erhai Lake and are a symbol of the history of Dali and a testament to the development of Buddhism in the area.
In the time of the Dali Kingdom, Chongshengsi was the royal temple and one of the largest Buddhist monasteries in the area and the Three Pagodas were only a part of it. The monastery was destroyed by a fire during the Qing dynasty and today only the Three Pagodas remain.
Many sculptures of Buddha made of gold, silver, wood or crystal, Buddhist readings, and more than 600 various medicinal ingredients were found in Qianxun Pagoda, the oldest of the Three Pagodas.
Yangtze River Panorama
- Spectacular Scenery
- Admire some of the most spectacular scenery that China has to offer. Enjoy a four night cruise along the Yangtze River that passes through the dramatic Three Gorges and explore the beauty of Yunnan Province. Visit attractive Lijiang, discover the Ti ...
- 28 days from £2390
Grand Tour of China
- A Tour That Sees Everything
- To get the most from one visit to China, look no further than the Grand Tour. This comprehensive itinerary includes all the main sights as well as allowing some time for relaxation. After the Wall and the Warriors, enjoy a four night cruise on the Y ...
- 27 days from £2490
- An Amazing Adventure to Tibet
- A tough but rewarding journey for those with a spirit of adventure. Starting in picturesque Yunnan Province we ascend to Tibet using four-wheel drive vehicles. Traversing forested mountains and deep gorges we arrive at the Roof of the World. Conditi ...
- 24 days from £3190
News & features
Call on 0844 288 5396 or for general tour enquiries click here
Complete your Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire here!