- This historic city at the crossroads of the Silk Road is famous for its Sunday animal market.
- The Capital of Sichuan Province is home to the Panda Reserve and Grand Buddha
- Dates back to 1000BC and hosts the outstanding Terracotta Worriors.
- The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, Olympic Games and much more.
- The City of the old and the new earns its title as "Paris of the East" and is the top Shopping Centre too.
- Stunning limestone formations along the banks of the wonderous Li River.
- A captivating blend of Eastern and Western cultures, the perfect add-on to any tour.
The Tibet Railway is the first to link Tibet with the rest of China and is the highest rail link in the world, climbing to over 5,000m above sea level. Construction on the railway began in 2001 and it was inaugurated on 1st July 2006. The Tibet Railway was recently included in the World’s Top 25 iconic rail journeys.
Admire the dramatic scenery along the way to the Roof of the World, as the journey crosses the majestic Kunlun and Tangula Mountains and offers impressive vistas.
- Ride Across the Roof of the World
- Explore the mystical land of Tibet to discover fabulous palaces, holy monasteries and sacred temples. The highlight of this visit to the Roof of the World is the rail journey across the stark and dramatic Qinghai Plateau. We complete our tour with t ...
- 20 days from £2790
News & features
Complete your Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire here!