Order Brochure

Our new brochures are out now!

Order your Wendy Wu Tours brochure by post or view online

The Award-Winning Tour Specialist
0808 274 8594 Contact Us

China Visa FAQs

Extraordinary tours by the Award-Winning Tour Specialist

Travel Safe with our COVID Safe Protocols

This page has been designed to help answer your questions regarding your Chinese Visa Application.

Chinese Visa - Fingerprint FAQs

The above information is subject to change.

Chinese Visa - General FAQs

  • Does the visa form have to be typed?

    Yes, the online form must be completed. 

  • What happens if I do my own visa?

    In most cases, we would refund you the cost of the visa, which is included within your tour cost, excluding our Essential Tour range. Once we have been informed of this, we will then send you an invitation letter which is to be presented along with your visa application as supporting documents.

    You will have to make an appointment to submit your application at your nearest service centre to you (London, Manchester and Edinburgh). You will need to visit twice, once to submit then again to collect at a later date.

  • Will I be staying at the same hotels that I have listed on the application form?

    No, you will receive your confirmed hotel list 2-3 weeks prior to departure with Final Document pack.

  • Will my occupation affect my application?

    Occupation does not tend to be an issue unless you work as one of the following:

    • Government Officials
    • Charity Workers
    • Media (TV, Journalist, Writer, etc)
    • Religious Worker
    • Photographer / Videographer

    If you work as any of the above, please call us on 0844 875 2434, as this may also affect when you can apply for the visa.

  • What if I make a mistake?

    If you make a mistake on the application form, then you will need to redo the form correctly.

  • What happens if I do not hold a British or EU passport?

    Please call us on 0844 875 2434 to discuss further.

  • I was born outside of the UK and EU, will this affect my application?

    Yes, this can affect your application, even if you have a British passport.

    Depending on where you were born or what passport you currently hold, it varies on what supporting documents are required so please contact us on 0844 875 2434.

  • What if I don't have a UK address?

    We cannot process any applications unless you have a UK address. Please speak to the Chinese embassy in your country of residence.

  • What if I have no Major Family Members?

    This section cannot be left blank. If you do not have any major family members then please list the details of your solicitor, doctor or close family friend.

    You only need to list at least one person’s details.

  • What do I need to do if I have had a Chinese visa previously?

    If your Chinese visa is no longer valid, please send a coloured photocopy to us along with your application.

    If you have renewed your passport and have an unexpired visa in your old passport, then you need to submit both old and new passports.

  • What happens if I have a criminal record?

    If your criminal record is spent then you do not need to declare it on the form. If it is still ongoing then please call us on 0844 875 2434.

  • Do I need to list Hong Kong on my Chinese visa application?

    No, there is no need to mention this on the Chinese visa application as Hong Kong is not part of Mainland China. This also applies to Tibet.

  • How can I find out my arrival date into China?

    This is usually the day after you depart from the UK as flights to China are overnight. So for example if you depart London on the 11th March you will arrive Beijing on the 12 March.

    Your full flight information can be found on your confirmation invoice.

The above information is subject to change.
Cannot find what you were looking for?
Tell us what would you like to find here:


Don't just take our word for it - read our reviews!

Find out more