Important Visa Information - 1st November 2018
The Chinese Embassy has announced that from 1st November 2018, they will require all NEW visa applicants to attend their nearest China Visa Application Service Centre (CVASC) in person to provide biometric finger prints. If your visa has already been approved then this does not affect you.
Whilst these changes are beyond our control and every passenger and visa agency must abide by the new CVASC regulations, at Wendy Wu Tours we have been working hard to adapt our procedures to make sure this process is as easy as possible for you, our customers.
We are still in the process of confirming our new procedures and will have them finalised very soon. In the meantime, we would like to share the following information with you: -
- The China Visa Application Service Centre (CVASC) is able collect your finger prints at their offices in London, Manchester, Edinburgh and Belfast.
- Every applicant must visit one of the CVASC centres in person at the time of their visa application submission.
- Fingerprints are NOT required for anyone under the age of 14, or over the age of 70, or those who are physically unable to attend the CVASC due to a disability.
- From December 2018 the CVASC will be introducing a new 8-page visa application form. You must complete this form online and upload your photo to it. The application form itself and instructions on how to it will be available on our website when it is released by the CVASC.
- For passengers in Northern Ireland: a temporary Visa Application Centre will be opening in Belfast for 4 days per month. Outside of these dates, applicants must apply at one of the mainland UK visa centres.
For the time being, for applicants who will be visiting the London CVASC, we are able to continue to process your visa and be able to assist you with arranging your appointment for finger printing.
Important information for clients applying with us in London
We are in the process of setting up a system which will allow you to pre-book your finger print appointment and have a member of our team at the CVASC to assist you. The appointment system will be launched in the very near future and a further update will be sent once live. This means:
- You must pre-book your appointment online in advance and arrive on time. We will only have a 10-minute slot at the CVASC at 11am each day – if you miss this you will have to rearrange to visit the CVASC at another time. To make sure the appointment runs smoothly, please ensure you arrive by 10.45am on the day of your appointment. A member of staff with a Wendy Wu Tours sign will be waiting to greet you.
- As soon as your appointment date is confirmed, please send us by post a copy of your visa application form together with a clear colour copy of your passport and one passport size photo. This is to allow us to check them to ensure there are no errors for when you arrive at the CVASC on the day of your appointment.
- You will need to bring your physical passport with you to your appointment as the embassy will check it while you are having your finger prints taken.
Important information for clients applying in Manchester, Edinburgh or Belfast:
We are unable to assist with arranging your finger print appointment or payment for your visa due to Wendy Wu Tours not having any staff or agency agreement with the above service centres. However, we will be happy to check your completed application form and photograph prior to your submission. You will need to make an appointment directly with the relevant service centre where they will take your finger prints, applications, passports and visa fee. We will provide you with all the relevant documentation prior to your visa appointment giving Wendy Wu Tours at least 72 hours’ notice. Please contact us prior to your balance payment if you are choosing to attend Manchester, Edinburgh or Belfast and we will provide a reduction on your final invoice. If you have booked through a travel agent, then please contact them directly.
Finger printing appointments at Manchester, Edinburgh and Belfast can be made via the CVASC website.
Chinese Visa - Fingerprint FAQs
How do I pre-book my finger print appointment online?
London: Once our system has been launched, you will be sent a further update with details. You will then be able to select an appointment date online.
Everywhere else: please visit www.visaforchina.org to make an appointment.
How do I get my passport back?
London: We will collect your passport on your behalf and return to you by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Everywhere else: The service centre will advise you when to collect your passport which does not require another appointment to collect. You will need to make two trips, one to drop off and one to collect.
How long will I be without my passport?
London: Approx. 2 weeks (London is a much busier service centre).
Everywhere else: Approx. 1 week.
Can I cancel my booking due to the new finger print rules?
Unfortunately, this change is completely out of our control and our normal booking conditions and charges apply.
Can I change my holiday to a different destination?
Yes, this may be possible. Amendment fees and additional costs may apply.
Do you cover travel expenses/overnight accommodation to the relevant visa centre?
We will not be able to cover any travel expenses/overnight accommodation.
How much is the visa refund for those visiting Manchester, Edinburgh and Belfast?
The nett cost of the visa for a group tour is ￡151.00 per person for British passport holders - this cost will be removed from your invoice. If you booked through a travel agent, they will do this for you. If you are travelling to China on an international cruise liner (i.e Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean etc) then the refund may be higher.
Can we meet you at your office in London on the day of our appointment?
A member of our team will meet you at the London CVASC and not our office. The address to meet is: 12 Old Jewry, London, EC2R 8RU. The nearest tube station is: Bank
What do I do upon arrival at the London visa centre?
Identify yourself to the Wendy Wu Tours staff member and not at reception. The staff member will be wearing a Wendy Wu Tours branded shirt and will have a sign. If you are lost, then please contact our office on 0800 630 0888.
What is the process If I am over 70 years old?
You can send the visa application, photo and passport to us as normal in the post by royal mail special delivery 8 weeks prior to departure. Passengers over 70 do not require finger prints to be taken.
It is important that you visit the Wendy Wu Tours website for any further updates in the New Year.
The above information is subject to change.