- This historic city at the crossroads of the Silk Road is famous for its Sunday animal market.
- The Capital of Sichuan Province is home to the Panda Reserve and Grand Buddha
- Dates back to 1000BC and hosts the outstanding Terracotta Worriors.
- The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, Olympic Games and much more.
- The City of the old and the new earns its title as "Paris of the East" and is the top Shopping Centre too.
- Stunning limestone formations along the banks of the wonderous Li River.
- A captivating blend of Eastern and Western cultures, the perfect add-on to any tour.
China Travel Guide
China travel information
At Wendy Wu Tours we endeavour to provide exceptional customer service giving you the peace of mind of a fully inclusive tour. As part of this service we include your Chinese Visa (British Citizen passport holders only on a fully escorted tour from the UK). We ask you to send in your completed visa application forms, passport and 1 Passport photo to us 8 weeks prior to your departure.
The Chinese Embassy or the Consulate General has the right to request the applicant to provide additional supporting documents or to come to the Embassy or the Consulate General for an interview. In the event you are asked to attend an interview, we will notify you immediately with the times and the dates.
For foreign passport holders, land only passengers and for passports received by Wendy Wu Tours less than 6 weeks prior to the tour departure date, there will be an additional fee of £50 per person for the above service.
It is possible for passengers to obtain and process their own visa application, however we cannot offer any money back for this as Wendy Wu Tours will need to provide you with significant information and documentation to enable you to do this yourself.
Our Express Service
Our standard Visa service will ensure that your passports are returned to you within 4 weeks after receipt by Wendy Wu Tours. You will receive your final documentation approximately 2 weeks prior to your departure. If for any reason you require your passport back before this time, please see details of our Visa express service in the table below:
Within approximately 4 weeks after receipt by Wendy Wu Tours
Within approximately 2 weeks after receipt by Wendy Wu Tours
Please state at time of booking which service you require.
If you would like to download your application form and help sheet, please click on the below:
view our China tours
News & features
Complete your Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire here!