- This historic city at the crossroads of the Silk Road is famous for its Sunday animal market.
- The Capital of Sichuan Province is home to the Panda Reserve and Grand Buddha
- Dates back to 1000BC and hosts the outstanding Terracotta Worriors.
- The Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Tiananmen Square, Olympic Games and much more.
- The City of the old and the new earns its title as "Paris of the East" and is the top Shopping Centre too.
- Stunning limestone formations along the banks of the wonderous Li River.
- A captivating blend of Eastern and Western cultures, the perfect add-on to any tour.
China Travel Guide
China travel information
For many, travel to China is the fulfillment of a dream. To explore the Forbidden City, home to Chinese emperors over the centuries, to gaze in awe at an entire army of Terracotta Warriors and to walk proudly on a Great Wall that stretches for over 4,000 miles. And yet these famous sights are only the first steps in discovering this fascinating land. A land of beauty with its poetic landscapes around Guilin, dramatic gorges along the Yangtze and striking mountain scenery in Nine Villages Valley. For the more adventurous, there is the opportunity to travel along the ancient Silk Road or venture overland into mystical Tibet. Yet beyond these great wonders, the most enduring memory is often the charm of the Chinese themselves.Introduction to China videos China Travel Guide and Phrasebook
Highlights of China
Terracotta Warriors (Xian)Xian
See one of most important archaeological discoveries of the 20th century, the incredible life-size Terracotta Warriors.
Read more about Terracotta Warriors (Xian) | Terracotta Warriors (Xian) tours
Cosmopolitan ShanghaiEastern China
Explore the bustling and cosmopolitan city of Shanghai.
Read more about Cosmopolitan Shanghai | Cosmopolitan Shanghai tours
Li River (Guilin)Guilin, Yangshuo
Enjoy a relaxing cruise down the Li River from Guilin to Yangshuo and admire the breathtaking landscape.
Read more about Li River (Guilin) | Li River (Guilin) tours
Great Wall of ChinaBeijing
Visit the Great Wall, an unmissable highlight of any tour of China.
Read more about Great Wall of China | Great Wall of China tours
See these delightful animals at the Chengdu Panda Reserve, home to over 80 pandas.
Read more about Pandas | Pandas tours
Yangtze River CruiseCentral China
Cruise down the majestic Yangtze River and take in the dramatic Three Gorges.
Read more about Yangtze River Cruise | Yangtze River Cruise tours
Forbidden City (Beijing)Beijing
Discover the Forbidden City, the most magnificent palace complex in China.
Read more about Forbidden City (Beijing) | Forbidden City (Beijing) tours
Explore the charming city of Suzhou, also known as the ‘Venice of the East’.
Read more about Chinese Gardens | Chinese Gardens tours
Temple of HeavenBeijing
Discover the magnificent Temple of Heaven, a Taoist temple in central Beijing.
Read more about Temple of Heaven | Temple of Heaven tours